My life

The title says it all. This is about my life. :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Friday, July 29, 2005

Observations

There are days where I like to sit back and just observe. I observe everything that goes on. From wind blowing through trees, birds sitting on street lamps to people. My favorite thing to observe is people. There are so many different sort of people. Fat, thin, ugly, beautiful, dark, light, etc... I tend to look at their eyes first. I notice the colour, the shape, whether they had bags or not, and most of all how full their souls are. You can notice it by seeing the glimmer or dullness in their eyes. Yesterday while I was at the park with my children waiting for my brother, sister in law, nephew and dad, I noticed a terminally ill man. He was super skinny. Clothes were hanging off him. He walked up to me while I was playing tennis with my son. He started talking about how much his daughter loves tennis and proceeded onto the swings with his daughter. His daughter was approx 6-7 years old. She was a beautiful native girl with brown eyes and short brown hair. She was not smiling but you could see the glimmer in her eyes. Her father had only a few teeth and was limping. It was obvious that he was very sick and in pain. He winced when he took a wrong step but it did not stop him from playing iwth his daughter. They swung high then twisted around. It was obvious the man was in a lot of pain but yet you could see great happiness in his eyes. They were in their own world. No matter what the little girl's father looked like, she still loved him unconditionally and he loved her unconditionally despite the difference in their races.

Love is love, no matter what colour, sex, age and how healthy a person is. It is truly a beautiful thing.

Somedays just a cup of coffee would make a person's day. One day I was having coffee with a friend of mine. This homeless man came in asking for a loonie (dollar) so he could get himself a coffee. My friend then started to scream at him to leave us alone. I became upset because he didn't ask for it so I told my friend to be quiet and gave him a loonie. Again, you could see the glimmer returning to his eyes and he smiled. That was enough thanks for me.

There are so many simple things people could do for others. Let them pass you if they had a few groceries. Let a person come out of the parking lot when there is a bad traffic. Give a few dollars if they don't have enough to pay for groceries. Make eye contact as you do those things and watch the glimmer come then you will know it's all worth it.

So many people forget to make eye contact. They talk to others while looking down, up, the sides or in the guys cases, the female's chests. ;-) Eyes are truly the window to one's soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home