My life

The title says it all. This is about my life. :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Interesting little discussion with my son this morning.

This morning Alex and I had an interesting conversation...

Alex: Mommy, I want your ears to be broken.

Me: Oh, why?

Alex: Because I like it.

Me: Would you like daddy's ears to be broken as well?

Alex: No.

Me: Why?

Alex: Because I love talking to daddy.

Ummm..

I wonder if it's the fact that we do not speak with we chat. We sign and it's "too quiet" for him? Or just the fact he loves hearing his father's voice? I've heard his dad's voice is pretty unique. He speaks with an aborginial accent and perhaps he takes comfort from hearing it?

Why does he like my ears "broken"?

Perhaps he likes it because it comes naturally to him. His mommy being deaf and uses ASL and his daddy being hearing but has an accent? We are not like most parents of his friends, that's for sure. It's just so interesting chatting with the kids and really learning about their little ideas in their heads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home